, $35 at the gate so purchase your tickets early and save! Your ticket includes 10 sampling tickets as well as a commemorative Beer Stein!
If you are under 21, don’t worry you can still have fun watching the Keg Toss, and partake in the many tasty treats available from Crepe Crazy, and Steel City Pops amongst others.
11:00 Gates open
11:00 – 12:30 Fritztown Funf Band
12:15 – 12:30 Announcements
1:00 – 2:30 TubaMeisters Band
1:45 – 2:00 Announcements
2:30 – 3:00 Stein Hoisting
3:00 – 4:00 Boerne Village Band
4:00 – 4:15 Announcements
4:30 – 6:00 Mark Manaco and the Strayhearts
5:00 – 5:15 Announcements
5:30 – 6:00 Keg Toss
7:00 Gates Close
The event’s proceeds go to the Hill Country Council for the Arts and will benefit the Boerne Community Theatre and the Circle Arts Theatre of New Braunfels. It is a great way to have fun and support the local preforming arts scene!
Over twenty breweries will be there showcasing their beers and brews, and you may just find a new favorite!
I recently celebrated my 27th birthday. To celebrate my ever quickening decent to 30 I decided to do something just for me and have a photoshoot. I obviously decided to go to the newest hotspot in the San Antonio area, Flower Vault, to be my backdrop.
There are 5 flower themed instagram worthy rooms at Flower Vault and I knew it would be the prefect place to get some adorable springtime photos. I enlisted the assistance of Deanna Mazzei Photography to assist me in my flower wall princess photoshoot dreams.
This is one of my favorites. I loved the beautiful rose and peony walls.
Many of us here in the Hill Country have strong ties to Rockport, Port A, and Houston. Many of you have homes, friends, and family in the effected areas. Some of my favorite places in Rockport have sustained heavy damage or been wiped off the map entirely. People are without power, surrounded by floodwaters, and in desperate need of basic necessities, food, and water. Organizations need a lot of help and need monetary donations in order to get people the help they need.
If you cannot get down to help in person, you can still help those in need.
Amazon Smile. Help those in need by doing your normal Amazon shopping. Simply choose a charity you want to donate to and shop like normal. It doesn’t cost you anything but helps do so much good. I currently have The Aquarium at Rockport Harbor as my chosen charity. They were completely destroyed during Hurricane Harvey.
*UPDATE* If you want to donate items directly to Rockport Coldwell Banker D’Ann Harper Realtors is accepting donations at their office. They will be taking down supplies on Friday September 1st so please drop off soon! Needed items are listed in the photo below.
IF YOU ARE SEEKING ASSISTANCE/ REFUGE FROM HURRICANE HARVEY:
Find an open shelter near you by texting SHELTER and your zip code to 4FEMA (43362). You can also use the FEMA mobile app.
Air B&B is offering FREE accommodations for evacuees checking in between August 23rd and September 1st. If you need a place to stay CLICK HERE.
Call the Red Cross at 877-500-8645, or find a list of open shelters here.
I decided to go with a more casual look since it was just myself and I would be dining alone (see outfit details below).
After taking my lap on the Mile I decided that I would Brunch at Bear Moon. I waited a few minutes for a table to clear and then parked myself down with the local paper to read and enjoy my morning (when locals wait you know the food is worth it!). I really enjoy some alone time people watching and reading while having brunch. It is just a nice way to take a break from the world for a minute.
I decided to go for the Lunch part of Brunch this Sunday. Once my food arrived I enjoyed a delicious salad and sandwich combo with an iced chai tea latte. I MUST have my caffeine in the morning!
As always a lovely morning on the Boerne Hill Country Mile.
It is summer time in Texas. While that does mean summer fun, it can also mean melted makeup and humidity to boot. What’s a girl to do to stay looking stylish but also stay cool?
I’ve compiled a list of the best 5 things to help you beat the Texas heat:
1. .Wear Sunblock. This SHOULD go without saying but so many of us (myself included) tend to skip the sun screen. I hate the oily feeling most sunblock brands tend leave on my skin, but I recently discovered this sunblock from Aveeno that doesn’t leave the icky oily feeling but still protects your skin from harmful UV rays. However you express you style this summer staying free of skin cancer is key. Even a small burn can lead to harmful melanomas down the line. Make sure to protect your skin to look fantastic for years to come!
2. Bring shade with you: Not only is wearing a sun hat absolutely fab, they help shield your face, neck, and shoulders from the sun and help you stay cooler! You can pair it with jeans and a t shirt, bathing suit, or maxi dress. They are incredibly versatile and add a touch of old Hollywood to any outfit. Check out this adorable hat for under $20!
3. Kaftans: This style of dress has been around for thousands of years. For me they are the dress equivalent of yoga pants. These can be dressed up or down and con be worn to every occasion imaginable. Something as simple as switching a necklace or bag can take this from day to night in an instant. This style of dress has been a staple in my closet for years. It is great for days when I just cannot be bothered to put together an outfit and just want to be comfortable, but still look glamorous. I have the kaftan below in several colors.
4. Get a great Primer. If you want to keep looking hot without looking sweaty invest in a good primer. I’ve been using the Becca primer for two years now and it keep my makeup on my face and not looking like a hot mess! This stuff is the holy grail for ladies like me who like to stay matte all day. *Tip: use a small pea sized amount and warm it between your fingers before applying to get the best finish.
5. Hydrate: Staying hydrated is crucial. Sun stroke can happen quickly in the extreme heat we are prone to here in the Hill Country, so when temperatures inch ever higher it is important to stay cool and make sure your body has enough water. Drinking lots of water also helps make sure your skin stays too, meaning fewer breakouts and lots of beauty benefits. I always have a water bottle on hand to make sure that I can hydrate through out the day. Consider taking a reusable bottle or cup such as S’well bottle or Yeti with you whenever you leave the house. These are also great when you head down to the Coast to keep our beverages chilled all day! Another benefit is that you will be using fewer disposable bottles, creating less waste, and helping out the environment at the same time!
Saturday is my day to run around and do errands in the morning. I like to have things done by mid afternoon before everyone else wakes up so that I can relax in the afternoon. Part of this relaxation ritual involves coming home to a cup of coffee and a treat.
The new taco place taking over Texas has made it to the Hill Country and soon to San Antonio! Fuzzy’s Taco Shop is a chain, but it manages to keep that small town restaurant feel and has quickly become a favorite of my S.O. and I.
Fuzzy’s makes sure to keep the community feel, bringing in different musicians to play and karaoke. Oh and of course great food!