I recently celebrated my 27th birthday. To celebrate my ever quickening decent to 30 I decided to do something just for me and have a photoshoot. I obviously decided to go to the newest hotspot in the San Antonio area, Flower Vault, to be my backdrop.
There are 5 flower themed instagram worthy rooms at Flower Vault and I knew it would be the prefect place to get some adorable springtime photos. I enlisted the assistance of Deanna Mazzei Photography to assist me in my flower wall princess photoshoot dreams.
This is one of my favorites. I loved the beautiful rose and peony walls.
The Fourth of July means Apple pie, hot dogs, and fireworks… or if you happen to be in South Texas margaritas, tacos, and fireworks!
I decided to catch the amazing fireworks show put on in Boerne this 4th of July.
With the heat index being 102 degrees I wanted to stay in the air conditioning so we headed to Fuzzy’s Tacos so that we could catch the show, listen to live music, and stay cool. There may also have been the ulterior motive of getting an amazing Red, White, and Blue Margarita!
As the light started to fade, the first fireworks went up and came gleaming back down in colorful sparkles. It was a shorter celebration than I usually have but still an amazing night in the Hill Country!
It is summer time in Texas. While that does mean summer fun, it can also mean melted makeup and humidity to boot. What’s a girl to do to stay looking stylish but also stay cool?
I’ve compiled a list of the best 5 things to help you beat the Texas heat:
1. .Wear Sunblock. This SHOULD go without saying but so many of us (myself included) tend to skip the sun screen. I hate the oily feeling most sunblock brands tend leave on my skin, but I recently discovered this sunblock from Aveeno that doesn’t leave the icky oily feeling but still protects your skin from harmful UV rays. However you express you style this summer staying free of skin cancer is key. Even a small burn can lead to harmful melanomas down the line. Make sure to protect your skin to look fantastic for years to come!
2. Bring shade with you: Not only is wearing a sun hat absolutely fab, they help shield your face, neck, and shoulders from the sun and help you stay cooler! You can pair it with jeans and a t shirt, bathing suit, or maxi dress. They are incredibly versatile and add a touch of old Hollywood to any outfit. Check out this adorable hat for under $20!
3. Kaftans: This style of dress has been around for thousands of years. For me they are the dress equivalent of yoga pants. These can be dressed up or down and con be worn to every occasion imaginable. Something as simple as switching a necklace or bag can take this from day to night in an instant. This style of dress has been a staple in my closet for years. It is great for days when I just cannot be bothered to put together an outfit and just want to be comfortable, but still look glamorous. I have the kaftan below in several colors.
4. Get a great Primer. If you want to keep looking hot without looking sweaty invest in a good primer. I’ve been using the Becca primer for two years now and it keep my makeup on my face and not looking like a hot mess! This stuff is the holy grail for ladies like me who like to stay matte all day. *Tip: use a small pea sized amount and warm it between your fingers before applying to get the best finish.
5. Hydrate: Staying hydrated is crucial. Sun stroke can happen quickly in the extreme heat we are prone to here in the Hill Country, so when temperatures inch ever higher it is important to stay cool and make sure your body has enough water. Drinking lots of water also helps make sure your skin stays too, meaning fewer breakouts and lots of beauty benefits. I always have a water bottle on hand to make sure that I can hydrate through out the day. Consider taking a reusable bottle or cup such as S’well bottle or Yeti with you whenever you leave the house. These are also great when you head down to the Coast to keep our beverages chilled all day! Another benefit is that you will be using fewer disposable bottles, creating less waste, and helping out the environment at the same time!
Like so many other women on the go, I neglect having breakfast in the morning, instead substituting with additional cups of coffee while getting ready in the morning. I just do not have the time/ do not want to wake up even earlier to make myself breakfast. With this in mind I think it is easy to see why Saturday morning is my moment to slow down, sit in my pj’s, and relax with a cup of coffee and a real meal.
Lately my go to breakfast meal of choice has essentially just to put lox on everything. For those of you that don’t know what lox is, it is smoked salmon, and possibly the most delicious thing on this planet.
Yesterday morning I sat down, poured my coffee into my favorite mug from Hotel Havana (review on this location coming soon!), and ate fried eggs and lox on toast. I binge watched the new series The Crown on Netflix, and had an amazing lazy Saturday morning.
Everyone was there to watch these local artists face-off and work their magic and create beautiful delicate designs on their caffeinated canvas. But while the competition in the Latte Art SA world was fierce, it any trash talking was all in good fun.
I attended the event with several coworkers and Rylie, the ridgeless Rhodesian Ridgeback (follow him on Instagram @rylie_the_rhodie).
This will no doubt become a monthly tradition for me. It is a great way to spend a fun inexpensive night out.#TNTSATX is the Thursday of the month. There is a suggested donation of $5 and proceeds from the event go to the Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Texas.