Summer White Parties are an annual tradition. It’s one of those occasions that makes you get creative with your wardrobe.
Since at a white party everyone wears white (kinda self explanatory), it’s the best time to get creative with your accessories without being too over the top.
If you’re as pasty white as your outfit (like I am), or if you just want to keep the sun’s harmful rays at bay, having a stylish hat is a summer wardrobe essential.
I love the straw hats from Goorin Bros. They roll up easily into my bag, but still hold their shape.
Its important to have a fun statement piece when you’re wearing the same hue head to toe, to keep your look unique and to add a pop of color.
I’m loving the Aztec Necklace from Grace and Charm, a local jewelry company here in the Hill Country. This delicate light weight necklace won’t weigh you down and is perfect for a breezy summer look.
I’m in LOVE with Amazonite right now, it’s the perfect stone for summer! The stone’s blue & green ocean colors are perfect for poolside style and definitely make this look!
Use Coupon Code: JULY40 to get 40% off your purchase at Grace and Charm!
This adorable ‘Totes Y’all’ tote from Draper James completes my summer poolside look. It’s red interior stripes just scream 4th of July BBQ!
However you spend your summer, I hope that yours stays sunny and bright!
A hot Texas Hill Country summer night calls for a bold look.
Wandering around this Boerne property, I loved seeing the old mustang grape vines that once thrived here, and seeing the rebirth of new growth and possibilities.
I love shopping local here in the Texas Hill Country. There are so many incredible places to discover and take inspiration from.
My Summer look features the ‘Aztec Necklace‘ sent to me by Grace and Charm . Grace and Charm is a local jewelry company in Austin that features beautiful handcrafted jewelry made with natural stones. I love that, while this is a statement necklace, it is not heavy on my neck, making this an easily wearable piece that has been in heavy rotation in my weekly outfits.
This mustard yellow dress reminds me of well mustard… which is a huge part of German and Czech dishes here in the Hill Country. I picked up this striking piece at Lenette’s Shop and Sip Boutique just down the road from Boerne in Helotes. It is SO nice to see local boutiques here that carry plus sizes!
Hat: Goorin Bros
Necklace: Grace and Charm
Dress: Lenette’s Shop and Sip Boutique
However you go bold this summer, do it with style.
This past Thursday I attended the Evenings On The Edge pool party series at La Cantera Resort & Spa on the Topaz Pool deck. This 21+ adults only pool party is the perfect way to spend a summer Thursday evening and to jump start you weekend wind down.
Each summer Thursday evening features a different non profit or charity, to which a portion of your ticket sale is donated. You know that you get to do some good for the community while you party this summer!
Make sure you show up and show out in your best summer chic attire!
I relaxed by the infinity pool and enjoyed breathtaking views of the Hill Country.
This is definitely a party you don’t want to miss!
It is summer time in Texas. While that does mean summer fun, it can also mean melted makeup and humidity to boot. What’s a girl to do to stay looking stylish but also stay cool?
I’ve compiled a list of the best 5 things to help you beat the Texas heat:
1. .Wear Sunblock. This SHOULD go without saying but so many of us (myself included) tend to skip the sun screen. I hate the oily feeling most sunblock brands tend leave on my skin, but I recently discovered this sunblock from Aveeno that doesn’t leave the icky oily feeling but still protects your skin from harmful UV rays. However you express you style this summer staying free of skin cancer is key. Even a small burn can lead to harmful melanomas down the line. Make sure to protect your skin to look fantastic for years to come!
2. Bring shade with you: Not only is wearing a sun hat absolutely fab, they help shield your face, neck, and shoulders from the sun and help you stay cooler! You can pair it with jeans and a t shirt, bathing suit, or maxi dress. They are incredibly versatile and add a touch of old Hollywood to any outfit. Check out this adorable hat for under $20!
3. Kaftans: This style of dress has been around for thousands of years. For me they are the dress equivalent of yoga pants. These can be dressed up or down and con be worn to every occasion imaginable. Something as simple as switching a necklace or bag can take this from day to night in an instant. This style of dress has been a staple in my closet for years. It is great for days when I just cannot be bothered to put together an outfit and just want to be comfortable, but still look glamorous. I have the kaftan below in several colors.
4. Get a great Primer. If you want to keep looking hot without looking sweaty invest in a good primer. I’ve been using the Becca primer for two years now and it keep my makeup on my face and not looking like a hot mess! This stuff is the holy grail for ladies like me who like to stay matte all day. *Tip: use a small pea sized amount and warm it between your fingers before applying to get the best finish.
5. Hydrate: Staying hydrated is crucial. Sun stroke can happen quickly in the extreme heat we are prone to here in the Hill Country, so when temperatures inch ever higher it is important to stay cool and make sure your body has enough water. Drinking lots of water also helps make sure your skin stays too, meaning fewer breakouts and lots of beauty benefits. I always have a water bottle on hand to make sure that I can hydrate through out the day. Consider taking a reusable bottle or cup such as S’well bottle or Yeti with you whenever you leave the house. These are also great when you head down to the Coast to keep our beverages chilled all day! Another benefit is that you will be using fewer disposable bottles, creating less waste, and helping out the environment at the same time!
*Some links my be affiliate links.